On the road today from a wet and windy National Park passing through some stunning scenery (some of it missed by some sleepyheads) to arrive in the Wairarapa in sunshine. We made stops at iconic NZ landmarks and town clocks!
1. The Giant Carrot in Ohakune where we discovered the delights of the Chinese vegetable memorial park (photo pick of the day)
2. The Giant Gumboot in Taihape.
3. The unbelieve-a-bull Bulls.
4. The Golden Shears in Masterton
5. The daffodil town of Carterton where we had a delicious Christmas dinner with Moira and Terry.
Finally to Silverstream which is our base for the next three days. Phew!
Phew! A big day out today -Hamilton to National Park via Rotorua and Taupo. First stop Whakarewarewa for some Maori culture and history then Kuirau Park to see mud pools and a hot foot bath. On to Kerosene Creek for a hot swim then to Huka Falls before driving around Lake Taupo to Turangi and over to National Park. Cheating again…who can choose one photo for the day?
On the road to Wellington today to go and watch Aonghas play hockey at tournament week. A beautiful day to travel. Stunning views as we drove along Lake Taupō, along the desert road and down through the Wairarapa.
The last day of our summer holiday roadtrip. The long drive north to Tekapo took us over the Lindis Pass so we had to have a selfie! The four musketeers!
Posted from WordPress for Android
A grey start to the day but the sun came out when we got to the southernmost tip of South Island.
Slope Point is aptly named – check out our holiday blog for more photos later.